Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Sketchbook Diaries take 1...


So here is a little peek into my personal sketchbook. As an artist I almost always have my little Moleskin with me. It's a great distraction for trying out new places and not feeling too out of place. Mainly because I always end up in some place where no one knows me, bars, coffee shops, bookstores, whatever... It's also a great ice breaker and has enabled to meet a lot of really cool people, and along the way some quite lovely ladies, lol! It's funny because most of the time people get really excited to actually see the stuff inside. "You draw like those japanese cartoons!", I hear alot. I find that amusing, I usually will offer to do a likeness of them at that point, just to give them something to take with them.


The above piece I drew while waiting to go on at my local karaoke spot. A jack on the rocks, and a little time to kill. I sat there and realized that like it says on the piece, it was,"time for change". It's so true. And since then I kinda took a new outlook on life. To stop feeling sorry for myself, and to move on. To take life by the horns and pave a new path. The drawing itself was inspired by alot of the cool, carefree people I've met lately. Ladies with tattoos, mrowrrr, lol! Oh and bangs! Ha ha! No but seriously, it was the carefreeness of the crowd that I wanted to capture. The feeling of being able to take off the shackles of the past, and look towards the future, with unlimited hope! The actual drawing maybe took me about twenty minutes. But, in those twenty minutes, and that shot of whiskey, alot of self discovery was made.




-a


"time for change..."


PSHOO!PSHOO!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lcfr said...

"Time for a Change".
Now that's a great piece.
By the way, among the others you don't mean that you're going to change your style in art right?
cause in this piece i "see" a new you, Ale...

-Hephasto

December 6, 2006 at 1:15:00 AM PST  
Blogger alegarza said...

i dont think ill be changing my art style for comics, but im always trying out new stuff on my own. most of the stuff in my sketchbook is a huge departure from what youre used to seeing from my normal stuff :)

December 6, 2006 at 1:36:00 AM PST  
Blogger  said...

Hooray for booze!

That was the moral right?

Or maybe, Hooray for cute, tattooed, mime artists!

I hope we get to see more of the different styles you have in your sketchbook now that you've mentioned them.

December 6, 2006 at 7:36:00 AM PST  
Blogger Laura Braga said...

Hi ale....
Finally i found your blog!!! Great idea to open it.
If you remeber i'm the girl you met in La Jolla during this year's Comicon. You made me a beautiful sketch of Eve, and because of my ugly english i can't thank you like i wanted to do.
With written english i'm a little bit better, son i can thank you for this summer present!!! Thank you.

Your works are always great. I love them.
I'll come back soon.

Laura:)

December 6, 2006 at 1:16:00 PM PST  
Blogger alegarza said...

good to see you around laura. the drawing for you was my pleasure :)

-a

December 6, 2006 at 4:56:00 PM PST  
Blogger Fabrizio said...

Yeah, drawing is always a good way to meet ladies!

Anyway, changing is alwais a good thing. Being too fixed creates a lot of boring things.

Change is good!

Ciao ALe!!!

December 7, 2006 at 2:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger -Franco- said...

hi!, thats a cool sketch, and, you are one of the artist thet inspired me to do comics,(i dont know if my comics are good, but i try)
here is a link: www.magikcomics.blogspot.com
im from argentina!, and...oh yea, i am feeling like my life doesnt have a meaning, but, whatever, bye bye!
and take a look at my work!

December 9, 2006 at 7:38:00 AM PST  
Blogger Chris Sims said...

There is always a time for a change in everyones life. Actually some of us need changing more than others. Especially when it comes down to artists. We are constantly changing, experimenting with how we draw, looking at objects differently, where we get our inspirations from, etc. But change is good as long as you stay focused on who you are.

Looking forward to future works from you bro!

December 10, 2006 at 11:45:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home