Friday, December 1, 2006

Basically basic...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So I kinda wanted to go back and kinda let you all know how I first became interested in comics. The day my geekdom was born. Not that we're all geeks. Although being a geek is kinda cool nowadays. So yeah, I'm a geek. Sweet. Anyways...it all began waaay back when I was about 4 or 5 years old. My Mom used to make daily runs to the local 7-11, and since leaving kids at the age of 4 or 5 home alone is frowned upon I was always with her. So, I remember one day as I was walking around the aisles, yes I was a very independent young lad, my eyes were caught by a glimpse of magic. Spider-man. I remember begging for it and Mom bein' the swank lady she is happily obliged. Thus an infatuation was born! It wouldn't be till some ten years later that another type of magazine would catch my eye (wink, wink). Comics were instantly engraved on my soul. It was soon thereafter that I decided that growing up and being a tree was no longer for me. Comic book artist. Would I some day be able to create the majesty I so enjoyed? Up till then about the only thing I drew was Snoopy, so Spider-man was a welcome change. So I started a life long quest. A life of doing nothing but drawing (except for ten years later when that other kinda magazine came along, cause well, ya know). I'll come back to this topic in later posts and fill in some of the high points of my geekdom. Above is a updated look i did awhile back of my very first book, WAX. The piece was actually inked by fellow artist JJ Kirby, and colored by the deceptively handsome Cris Walker. It was done for an animation pitch from back when I used to harrass tv networks. Like I said, more tales to come...




-a


"lets have relations!"


PSHOO!PSHOO!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Copeland said...

Thats amazing man, i rmember seeing this piece a while ago, and hearing that you got hired into the industry at a YOUNG age like 17 or 18. I love hearing the back stories of my favorite artists, dope stuff man, cant wait to hear more, PEACE!

December 1, 2006 at 11:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lcfr said...

I dig these bits of info on your background...

Feed us more...

-Hephasto

December 2, 2006 at 4:21:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home