Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Single issues...



So here I is...I wanted to kinda explain what tha hell has happened to me over the past year. Why? Well, think of it as a little therapy on my end. As most of you know I am, was, a married man. For quite some time actually. 11 years to be exact. Well somewhere towards the begining of this year things started to kinda fall apart. And well, to make a long story short... I am now a single man. Most of you who knew me and my, as I really see it now more than ever, better half, know that I adored her. Thus I kinda lost my head for a bit. Luckily for me though, having one of the best wives has translated to me now having perhaps the best ex-wife. If that makes any sense? Seriously, we've managed to become quite good friends. I mean, she just bought me tickets to The Faint. How effin sweet is that? Wee hoo!!! No, but really, I see her now, and I am proud of her, she really is amazing. I envy her ability to hold crap together. But, I'm on the road myself to getting back on all of my cylinders.


So...you may be asking yourself, why Ale' do you need your own blog? Well, over the next few weeks, I think, my next long term project will be being announced and I want to really focus on making it my best work to date. And, I also really wanted to focus alot of my newfound extra time(single now, remember) on creating a blogspot that really showcases my love for not only comics, but life as well. So I'll be inviting some of my other comic book friends to come on for guest spots. So...again you ask yourself...what exactly can we expect from an Ale' run blog? Will it all just be about him talking about his hair? Or maybe bragging to no end how sweet his cowboy boots are? Eh, well probably not, lol! But I do wanna capture alot of the fun that I used to pull off on the Gelatometti blog, so expect some new features over here. Here is a short list of what I have in store...


Art Throwdown: It's kind of a take on my old Iron Chef challenges but with a twist. For this challenge I'll be bringing some of my homies over here for a freestyle one hour art battle. So instead of having a guidline, the artist can basically do whatever tickles thier fancy. I already got some sweet talent lined up so keep an eye out!


Uncle Ale's Art Corner: Silly name, I know, but this one'll be fun. Not only will I be giving some insight to the various thought processes which go into creating comics, but I also got some big name talents who will be giving some of what they think goes into making some sweet ass comics. Look not only for artists, but also for writers, colorists, and inkers!


The Canyon vers 2.0: My once attempted comic strip back in full color glory!


Sketchbook Diary: This one is probably the most personal feature I'll be having on here. I'll be giving you a sneek peek into my personal sketchbook. Which I take with me everywhere. From bars, to coffee shops, to the DMV, I almost always have this little guy with me, and I'll be sharing some of my inner thoughts, and feelings along with each sketch.


So there ya have it... I really want to be able to pull this off. Hopefully I can put together an enjoyable site for all of you fans. And to those of you waiting on commissions... I'm working on getting them all done, and out to you by the end of December! So with that peace to all of you...and let's have some fun!




-a
PSHOO!PSHOO!

17 Comments:

Blogger Yano said...

Wow...good to see you're hangin' in there, Ale. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us...sounds fun!

November 28, 2006 at 10:31:00 PM PST  
Blogger alegarza said...

I'm hoping it'll be a ton of fun. I really need something healthy to focus my energy on so I'm really looking forward to this :)

November 28, 2006 at 10:34:00 PM PST  
Blogger DADICUS said...

Sorry about the Divorce, But I'm glad to see you moving on and all that mushy stuff!

I'll be watching!

November 28, 2006 at 11:22:00 PM PST  
Blogger Pat! said...

glad to see you're still keepin' on keepin' on man

look forward to seeing what's in store :)

November 28, 2006 at 11:26:00 PM PST  
Blogger Chris Copeland said...

GarzaMan, good to hear from you again man, but at the same time thats some tough stuff to deal with, i've been married for about a year and a 4 months, and i couldnt imagine how hard going through that was seeing it from my perspective, BUUUUTTT, im sure you have heard enough of that over the last couple of months. Cant wait to see what you got cookin up, IT BETTER BE NINJA BOY, LOL! I know im always the one bothering you about that comic, but i cant help it, I LOVE IT! I will definitely be around these parts, and am TOO excited about you and what you got going on witchaself, PEACE OUT BRO!

November 29, 2006 at 12:27:00 AM PST  
Blogger Vittorio Giorgi said...

Welcome to blogspot, Garzaman!!

November 29, 2006 at 4:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger -Franco- said...

i like it, i expected a blog from ale garza since, a issue of gen x that i got,im from argentina!

November 29, 2006 at 6:53:00 AM PST  
Blogger -Franco- said...

i like it, i expected a blog from ale garza since, a issue of gen x that i got,im from argentina!

November 29, 2006 at 6:54:00 AM PST  
Blogger House Of Mystery said...

Good luck with your future man, really love your work!

November 29, 2006 at 7:34:00 AM PST  
Blogger eugene commodore said...

I look forward to all the Gaza Goodness.

November 29, 2006 at 8:01:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ale! I'm sorry to hear about how tough a time you've been having, but I'm really glad to see you're going to be posting more art again. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

November 29, 2006 at 8:11:00 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

good to hear you back in action dood, can't wait to see what your next project is.

November 29, 2006 at 7:49:00 PM PST  
Blogger foti said...

Great post Ale, I wish the best for you!

Greetings from Rome

November 29, 2006 at 8:59:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I read a bit of advice on choosing a wife that went something like this: "Never marry any woman you wouldn't want to face off against in a divorce." It's not a cynical, defeatist question...the idea is that if you can imagine this woman being kind, fair, and wanting you both to be happy even if the worst-case scenario happens, then she clearly is the right woman to spend the rest of your life with.

So congratulations on having chosen well...!

November 29, 2006 at 9:05:00 PM PST  
Blogger COMIKXGUY said...

sweet! your own blog

good times from here on out

i'll be checking in

hey ale if you are ever in the chula vista area come visit at chula vista center's comics and stuff since you live in sd, you,me,cheeks,tony washington and anyone else living in this area can hang out and doodle

btw thanx for the print you gave me at sdcc a while back of batman and robin, it's cool

November 29, 2006 at 9:12:00 PM PST  
Blogger Yano said...

Weird, it posted my name as "Christine" above...which is who I am, but not...I'm Yano! :-P

November 30, 2006 at 2:20:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lcfr said...

Its good to see you back on track ale. Keep it up and be safe

Hephasto.

December 1, 2006 at 12:28:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home